Perhaps you would like to know where I get all the delicious recipes from?
I have a lot of friends from all over the world and asked them to share their favourite recipes with me.
So I get a nice collection of delicious recipes.
Today the recipe from my friend Kautar from Morocco: Haira, a delicious soup, nice for Ramadan.
Kautar and I met on the Nomad Cruise - from Athens to Dubai.
A nice interesting story about this Cruise you can find in my children's book:
‘Pippa and Paul, stories for the little World Citizens’
Some stories of this book will be available this summer in Italian too.
“Pippa e Paolo, storie per piccoli cittadini del mondo”
The little heroes in my books have many friends from different cultures and make interesting trips to Uganda, Scotland and a Nomad Cruise from Athens to Dubai – and by the way your children will learn that it is important to eat healthily in order to be fit for sport and play and to be able to study well at school.
With the purchase of my book you support the 22Stars Kids foundation: FOUNDATION 22STARS / support kids in Uganda to go to school! a nice story about vacation in Uganda you find in my book Pippa and Paul.
You can read more about the Cruise and the trip from Athens to Dubai in my blog from 20 November 2020
I like to share Kautars favourite recipe for Ramadan again with you: ‘Haira soup’
Do you want to wish a friend a good Ramadan, you can say: Ramadan Kareem
or Ramadan Mubarak, a blessed Ramadan.
Enjoy your meal! ‘Atamanaa lak wajabat shaia!
The favourite recipe of my friend Kautar
Moroccan Traditional Haira Soup is a lentil and tomato soup with fresh herbs; especially popular during Ramadan.
Normally eaten with chicken, lamb or beef.
But the soup is also nice without meat for vegetarians
Ingredients (8 - 10 portions):
- 1 cup of leek, finely chopped,
- 1 cup of celery, finely chopped,
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped,
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped,
- 1/2 cup of soaked chickpeas,
- 1/2 cup of lentils,
- 1 onion,
- 6 large tomatoes, pureed,
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seed,
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (less salt),
- 3 tbsp. olive oil,
- 1 lemon juice,
- 1 tbsp. salt,
- 1 pinch saffron,
- 2 tbsp. curry spices,
- 3/4 cup flour to tie
- 1 cup meat
- 1 cup vermicelli
- Put the leek, celery and onion in a pan, add 1 l water and let it bowl for 15 minutes. Puree with a hand blender.
- In the meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and put the meat in; let it simmer for a while.
- Put the meat with the oil into the pan with the mashed vegetables.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas and 3 l water and boil for 1 hour. Then add the lentils and boil all together for other 30 minutes
- Take a big bowl and mix parsley, coriander, lemon juice, bouillon cube, spices, salt, pinch saffron with a little bit of water together. Add 3/4 cup flour and mix it again.
- Add the contents of the bowl to the soup while stirring well and let it thicken. Let it simmer or 15 min. and keep stirring.
- Then add a cup of vermicelli and let it cook for other 5 minutes.
Other nice recipes you find in my children’s books ‘Pipke & Popke’ (in Dutch and German) and ‘Pippa and Paul’